New Contribute page on the wiki

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 18 22:19:41 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-05-26 at 10:26 -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 08:13:09AM -0600, David Mulder via samba-
> technical wrote:
> > We've started hashing out a new Contribute page for the samba wiki.
> > You can view it here:
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Contribute_New
> >
> > The old Contribute page doesn't match the current process, so it
> > seemed
> > writing a new page from scratch was in order.
> >
> > I want to start a discussion here so we can hopefully improve the
> > page.
> > Please comment and also contribute to the Contribute page!
>
> David, this is really good ! Thanks a lot for this one.

David and I have also been working on
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Creating_a_Samba_patch_series

We hope this describes many of the to-date unwritten rules of Samba
development.  We would encourage more of these to be written down.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba