deprecate pdb_ldap and "NT4-like" domains in Samba 4.13 to allow removal for Samba 4.14 in March 2021?

Uri Simchoni uri at samba.org
Tue Jun 16 18:42:47 UTC 2020

On 6/16/20 8:29 PM, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:

> Well that's good to know. But if Synology and QNAP need
> this also, then if would be good to hear from them directly
> on what their usage requirements are.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Jeremy.

Maybe there are file-server installations hooked to LDAP directories (in
non-Windows orgs - universities and such or Windows-dislking enterprises
 - one name comes to mind).

Kind of reminds me of our attempt to remove the "list all users"
functionality from winbindd because it's fundamentally, ah, imperfect,
in more than one respect - turned out it was perfect for some users who
depended on it. Deprecation is nicer than immediate removal but at the
end of the day, if there's no alternative, the user ends up in the same
place.

Thanks,
Uri.