Samba Developers Guide

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 4 23:57:38 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 07:45 +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
wrote:

> That sounds like a plan.  Step one for any update would be a vicious
> triage of the current content into a wiki page, clearly linked from
> our
> new 'Contribute' page.

The right place is of course our Developer Documentation page on our
wiki, which is actually pretty good.  I've rounded up some stray pages
that were not linked recently.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Developer_Documentation

There is good info there on how 'make test' works, autobuild and so
many other Samba mysteries.  Of course it needs more, but it is a much
better start than the old unmaintained developer guide in the tree.

I would encourage others to keep contributing content here.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba