Samba Developers Guide

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 3 19:45:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-06-03 at 13:18 +0200, Björn Jacke wrote:
> On 2020-06-03 at 11:00 +0200 Aurélien Aptel via samba-technical sent
> off:
> > Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical <
> > samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
> > writes:
> > > Can anybody say some words in support of this, or should this now
> > > also
> > > be removed?
> >
> > As samba grows more and more complex I think a document like this
> > is
> > desperatly needed. Perhaps it could be updated with the content
> > from
> > Ralph's sambaxp talk?
>
> given that the mentioned document is so outdated, I think updating it
> would be
> like more or less like rewriting it from scratch. Of course a good
> devel
> starting point docu is required but for this old one I would not
> object to drop
> it. On the web there can still stay that old one archived with the
> "outdated"
> disclaimer in the background.

That sounds like a plan.  Step one for any update would be a vicious
triage of the current content into a wiki page, clearly linked from our
new 'Contribute' page.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT