Remove the "Using Git for Samba Development" wiki page?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 3 04:33:18 UTC 2020

With the new "Contribute" page mostly covering the same ground, I
wondered about removing the "Using Git for Samba Development" and
replacing it with a redirect to "Contribute".

Written at a time when Git was new to Samba developers and the
industry, it is showing it's age and I think the 'basic git' elements
are now superseded by better documentation elsewhere.

Similarly, I would now like to slim down the "Samba CI on GitLab" page
to only have details not duplicated elsewhere on the wiki.

In short, I'm trying to reduce some of the conflicting instructions.

Does anybody have any thoughts or objections?

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT