Samba 4.9.5 Windows 2012r2 AD Cross Forest Trust

Izzet Aydın izzet.aydin at pardus.org.tr
Tue Jul 28 14:17:14 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Due to the integration problem between Samba and Windows 2012r2, we've
changed our process to cross forest trust implementation.

I've managed to create a forest trust in Windows AD 2012 with samba, i
visualize the vice-versa with samba-tool

samba-tool domain trust list
Type[Forest]   Transitive[Yes] Direction[BOTH]     Name[CFT.LOCAL]

I've included a debian client to samba via sssd, the client lists all
users in samba and login without problem

The problem is, the client cannot access users in windows ad.

Where should i check to resolve this issue ? I couldn't find any viable
info about this case.

Every help is appreciated.