Samba 4.12.5 Windows AD 2012R2 integration

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 23 20:15:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-07-23 at 22:49 +0300, Izzet Aydın via samba-technical
wrote:
> We want to show to a customer possibility of using Samba instead of
> Windows AD, therefore first we need to add a samba dc beside windows
> 2012 dc.

I think a better approach would be to create a Samba LAB domain
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Create_a_samba_lab-domain

This will allow you to demonstrate that without changing the production
domain.  Hopefully this will bypass that check, as we won't be creating
domain controller objects in the target domain.

If it fails, it will then be on the Samba side and we can patch around
that.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT