Samba 4.10.4 - Error loading module nfs4acl_xattr due to dependent libraries

Sandeep Nashikkar snashikkar at commvault.com
Mon Jul 20 15:07:27 UTC 2020

Ralph,

I could not find where libgsssapi-samba4 is added in as a dependency.
Its built as part of heimdal with below wscript:

source4/heimdal_build/wscript_build:        bundled_name = libname + '-samba4'

where libname comes from:

    HEIMDAL_LIBRARY('gssapi',
                    HEIMDAL_GSSAPI_SPNEGO_SOURCE + HEIMDAL_GSSAPI_KRB5_SOURCE + '''

It is not linked explicitly anywhere else as far as I could grep.

I see following libs which are required by nfs4acl_xattr module.

libgssapi-samba4.so.2
libroken-samba4.so.19
libcom_err-samba4.so.0
libasn1-samba4.so.8
libkrb5-samba4.so.26
libz-samba4.so
libwind-samba4.so.0
libhcrypto-samba4.so.5
libhx509-samba4.so.5
libheimbase-samba4.so.1
libsmbldaphelper-samba4.so

Please correct me if I am wrong, but are you asking to bundle and ship all those libs which are referred by nfs4acl_xattr.so module just like libgssapi-samba4?

Thanks,
Sandeep