GSoC 2020 Progress Update

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon Jul 20 10:13:47 UTC 2020

On su, 19 heinä 2020, hezekiah maina wrote:
> Over the past two weeks I have been working on the following:
> Packaging for Debian and RPM-based distributions
> Domain Management components
> Delegation Management components
> Service Principal Name management
> UI improvements for the application

Thank you, Hezekiah.

I haven't tried to run the plugin yet but the changes look promising.

I am still on vacation this week, only looked briefly into your OBS
Fedora build failures. It looks like the failures happen because OBS
tries to build the app by fetching all node.js from online sources and
failing to do so, thus not finding required modules (po2json, for
example).

When I prebuilt source with 'make srpm' and tried to build that manually
in COPR[1], it succeeded: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/abbra/cockpit-samba-ad-dc/build/1565160/

So we need to find a way to pre-build sources and then build the
packages. I'll look into that.

[1] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/abbra/cockpit-samba-ad-dc/

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy