[Announce] Samba 4.11.6 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Jan 28 10:56:43 UTC 2020

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.11 release series.

Changes since 4.11.5:
---------------------

o  Douglas Bagnall <douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz>
   * BUG 14209: pygpo: Use correct method flags.

o  David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
   * BUG 14216: vfs_ceph_snapshots: Fix root relative path handling.

o  Torsten Fohrer <torsten.fohrer at sbe.de>
   * BUG 14209: Avoiding bad call flags with python 3.8, using METH_NOARGS
     instead of zero.

o  Fabrice Fontaine <fontaine.fabrice at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14218: source4/utils/oLschema2ldif: Include stdint.h before cmocka.h.

o  Björn Jacke <bjacke at samba.org>
   * BUG 14122: docs-xml/winbindnssinfo: Clarify interaction with idmap_ad etc.

o  Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
   * BUG 14251: smbd: Fix the build with clang.

o  Gary Lockyer <gary at catalyst.net.nz>
   * BUG 14199: upgradedns: Ensure lmdb lock files linked.

o  Anoop C S <anoopcs at redhat.com>
   * BUG 14182: s3: VFS: glusterfs: Reset nlinks for symlink entries during
     readdir.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 14101: smbc_stat() doesn't return the correct st_mode and also the
     uid/gid is not filled (SMBv1) file.
   * BUG 14219: librpc: Fix string length checking in
     ndr_pull_charset_to_null().

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 14227: ctdb-scripts: Strip square brackets when gathering connection
     info.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.11.6.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy