regshell.c: compiler uses -m32 as well as -m64

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Jan 25 20:05:34 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-01-25 at 18:14 +0100, Rouven WEILER via samba-technical
wrote:
> I tried to compile samba-4.11.5 using "-m64“ since it is a 64bit system.
> The most parts compile and link well.
>
> regshell.c does not. In the compiler command I find a "-m64" as well as a "-m32“.

Can you explain a bit more about the system, and why you need to
specify -m64 at all?  (I've not heard of this done before).

As to what is different about regshell, it would be the only ncurses
program on the system, so this is what might be different.