fuzzers

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 22 00:11:30 UTC 2020

On 22/01/20 2:38 AM, David Disseldorp wrote:
>> Should we adopt a convention similar to our BUG: links?
>> That is, add lines like this in our commits:
>>
>> OSS-Fuzz: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=19395
>
> Given that OSS-Fuzz is evident from the URL, would it make sense to use
> a more generic "Fuzz: " tag? That could be reused with other fuzzing
> services.

Ha, well, that is a reasonable point.

Actually what we probably want is "Ref: ", because the point is not that
there was fuzzing involved, but that there is relevant remote
information or discussion. It could be a static analysis site, a Fedora
bug report, or even a lists.samba.org link.

cheers,
Douglas