fuzzers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 16 21:58:00 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-01-16 at 11:08 +0100, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 January 2020 10:58:24 CET Andreas Schneider via samba-
> technical wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > thanks to all people who worked on fuzzing Samba. This is a great addition.
> >
> > However before we add *more* fuzzers, it might be a good idea to first fix
> > the bugs found by the fuzzers ;-)
>
> Also the build is failing since weeks:
>
> Step #3: /src/samba/lib/fuzzing/oss-fuzz/build_samba.sh: 42: /src/samba/lib/
> fuzzing/oss-fuzz/build_samba.sh: SANITIZER_ARG: parameter not set
>

> The attached patch should fix it.

Thanks, I seem to have misunderstood how the coverage build works.

What is SANITIZER set to in this case?

Does this pass the coverage test in the oss-fuzz repo?

https://google.github.io/oss-fuzz/advanced-topics/code-coverage/

To test, change the projects/samba/Dockerfile to point at your branch
to test:

https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/samba/Dockerfile#L19

The 'infra/helper.py shell' command can be quite helpful debugging this
stuff.

Thanks!