Writing a Windows Explorer plugin that uses a Vendor Specific FSCTL to access extra metadata about files from Samba

Dan Seguin dan.seguin at Cord3Inc.com
Wed Feb 26 16:43:22 UTC 2020

On 9/25/19 11:53 AM, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Over the last few weeks, as a part-time activity, I have been writing
> a Windows Explorer plugin that uses a Vendor Specific FSCTL to
> communicate with a Samba VFS module to retrieve some of the plethora
> of extra metadata we have in our file system.
>
> It also allows us to set some of that metadata as well.
>
> Since knowing that something can be done is often the most important
> step in doing that thing, I thought I would mention it.
>
> I hope to find the time to provide a tutorial on this subject as well,
> probably on the Samba Wiki.

Hi Richard,

Wasn't sure if I should ask this on the samba technical list or not, but did you get something like this going?

Dan