about doc of ctdb

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Fri Feb 21 03:45:58 UTC 2020

Hi Wuming,

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 15:26:20 +0800 (CST), 风无名 via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>     sorry to bother  you again.

>     I have not found any doc on the implementation/desgin of ctdb. I
>     want to read the source code of ctdb, mybe do some debugs.

>     Is there some doc ? or how to find ?

There is some incomplete documentation in different places...

Wiki:

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_database_design

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CTDB_and_Clustered_Samba#Historical_and_Background_Information

Source tree:

  $ ls -1 ctdb/doc/*.txt
  ctdb/doc/cluster_mutex_helper.txt
  ctdb/doc/readonlyrecords.txt
  ctdb/doc/recovery-process.txt

I recent years Amitay Isaacs and I have given a series of talks about
CTDB development at the SambaXP conference (https://sambaxp.org/).
Many of the talks are linked to via

  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Presentations

Some of these talk are about future directions and some cover recent
development.

Some of this may not be up-to-date but the principle are mostly
unchanged...

If you can't find documentation about the part(s) of CTDB that you are
interested in then please ask again.  We would like to see more
developers working on CTDB!

peace & happiness,
martin