ADV190023 | LDAP channel binding support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 18 18:01:53 UTC 2020

https://git.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=ac8fd11f1d4b9deb48d6c7942af0c83b52d69d7f

> I think we need input from dochelp to answer 2 questions:
> 1. which kind of channel bindings are expected/used by windows?
>    I assume tls-server-end-point. I guess MS-ADTS would be the place
>    to define these details for ldaps.
> 2. how is the ChannelBindingsUnhashed blob constructed for
>    NTLMSSP (MS-NLMP)

There was a very, very old patch from Microsoft to ntlm_auth to do this
a long, long time ago for NTLMSSP over HTTPS (to aid Firefox's use of
ntlm_auth).  It was at the wrong layer but it will be the same protocol
I presume.

My current inbox doesn't go back that far but finding that might be a
good pointer.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT