[Proposal] Remove dns_sd API

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at freebsd.org
Tue Feb 11 13:45:28 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 11:27, Ralph Boehme via samba-technical <
samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Am 2/10/20 um 10:16 PM schrieb Andrew Walker via samba-technical:
> > This is used in the FreeBSD port for samba, and is currently used in
> > FreeNAS 11.2 (though future versions are moving away from). We can work
> on
> > upstreaming the fixes and time machine support if there is interest.

That option indeed present in the FreeBSD port of Samba and, at least
compilable.

As far as I know, FreeNAS build of the Samba uses this patch and has dns_sd
enabled in their version of the build.

I'm sure that other users of Samba on FreeBSD use this option as well.

With best regards,
Timur Bakeyev.