updated ksmbd (cifsd)
metze at samba.org
Mon Dec 14 17:45:51 UTC 2020
Am 14.12.20 um 02:20 schrieb Steve French via samba-technical:
> I just rebased https://github.com/smfrench/smb3-kernel/tree/cifsd-for-next
> ontop of 5.10 kernel. Let me know if you see any problems. xfstest
> results (and recent improvements) running Linux cifs.ko->ksmbd look
> very promising.
I just looked briefly, but I'm wondering about a few things:
1. The xattr's to store additional meta data are not compatible with
Samba's way of storing things:
In order to make it possible to use the same filesystem with both servers
it would be great if the well established way used in Samba would be used
2. Why does smb2_set_info_sec() have fp->saccess |= FILE_SHARE_DELETE_LE; ?
3. Why does ksmbd_override_fsids() only reset cred->fs[g|u]id, but group_info
is kept unchanged, I guess at least the groups array should be set to be empty.
4. What is work->saved_cred_level used for in ksmbd_override_fsids()?
It seems to be unused and adds a lot of complexity.
5. Documentation/filesystems/cifsd.rst and fs/cifsd/Kconfig still references https://github.com/cifsd-team/cifsd-tools
instead of https://github.com/cifsd-team/ksmbd-tools
6. Why is SMB_SERVER_CHECK_CAP_NET_ADMIN an compile time option and why is it off by default?
I think the behavior should be enforced without a switch.
These are just some initial thoughts.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the samba-technical