Merge commits to v4.19 from 4.20 & 5.6 for cifs Backup intent flag fixes

Vidhesh Ramesh vidhesh.ramesh at komprise.com
Thu Dec 10 18:27:33 UTC 2020

Thanks Steve.

We are not using any distro and building our onprem VM ovas with Centos 7.8 and kernel 4.19 (4.19.134). We did try the latest kernel of LTS 4.19 kernel build 160 and still see that the backup intent is not being sent for some of the calls. However, on kernel 5.4 we see the same working as expected.

We are currently planning to stay on kernel 4.19 as it is stable and LTS release & hence wanted to see if the fixes could be backported to kernel 4.19.

We see #1 in 4.19 and #1,#2,#3 in 5.4. Since its working with 5.4 and not with 4.19 was wondering if #2 and #3 are not in 4.19 and hence if it could be backported ?

1. https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/5e19697b56a64004e2d0ff1bb952ea05493c088f - v4.19.rc1
2. https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/61351d6d54e651ec4098445afa5ddc2092c4741a - v4.20.rc1
3. https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/4d5bdf28690a304e089ce750efc8b7dd718945c7 - v4.20.rc1
4. https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/0f060936e490c6279dfe773d75d526d3d3d77111 - v5.6-rc1