Directory Leasing feature in Samba smbd

Krishna Harathi krishna.harathi at storagecraft.com
Mon Aug 24 18:58:45 UTC 2020

A more dominant issue of lack of directory lease support in smbd surfaced while looking into UNC vs mapped drive performance.

As per Samba Wiki, this directory leasing feature is not planned anytime soon. Let me know otherwise.

I may be able to spend some time working on this feature, once I get a better idea of what it takes to implement.
I have read the high-level notes at https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba3/SMB2#Directory_Leases

I appreciate any comments on this topic at this time, mostly checking to see the forum's interest to chart out the next level of details.

Regards.
Krishna Harathi