tevent: fd events do not work correctly for UDP socket?

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 11:46:09 UTC 2020

When I connect to a port over UDP and nobody listens on the port tevent
fires immediately read fd event even though there is no data available.

Simple reproducer is attached. Just run 'make && ./client' and see that
read_handler is executed immediately. When there is a process listening
(nc -ul 3333) the handler is fired only when data is available.

This probably boils down to epoll_wait but not being an epoll export,
I'd like to ask if there is something that can be done about it or if it
is an expected behavior.