samba 4.12.2: WERR_DNS_ERROR_DS_UNAVAILABLE, unable to manage samba DNS

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 29 10:42:40 UTC 2020

On 29/04/2020 10:58, Olaf Dreyer via samba-technical wrote:

> I run a setup with two Samba DC (currently samba 4.12.2 on debian 10
> VMs). I started with a Windows 2003 DC but the last Windows DC has
> been removed a few years ago from this setup.

this is really the wrong list for this, so i have CC'ed the samba
mailing list, please reply there.

You say you started with Win 2003, but was the domain initially
provisioned on 2000k ? or does it have the 2000k dns ?

See here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/817470/how-to-reconfigure-an-msdcs-subdomain-to-a-forest-wide-dns-application

Rowland