Debug logs in heimdal krb5

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Mon Apr 27 11:50:01 UTC 2020

Shyam Prasad N via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org>
writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently debugging a problem I'm facing with krb5 mount in cifs, and I
> want to enable logging in the heimdal krb5 library. How do I enable all the
> logs which are printed using _krb5_debug in the code?

Try setting KRB5_TRACE env var.

    KRB5_TRACE=/dev/stderr <prog>

I have written some notes on using/debugging on the wiki. Maybe this can
help :)

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Cifs.ko-testing#Can_you_login_using_kerberos.3F

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3