build - ldb depends on missing system library/libraries

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 20:07:55 UTC 2020

Boys, building from source on CentOS 7 or CentOS 8 gts into build
dependencies pretty fast. They are listed in order in:

https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/blob/master/Makefile

Unless you're prepared to pretty seriously trash your working system,
I don't recommend building and installing those system libraries for
libtalloc, libldb, etc. one at a time. Using mock to build them as
clean RPMs  my development *friend*, and lets me install them and play
with them inside the chroot cage of "mock" without risking my
development system itself.

In particular, you need to use Python 3 these days, and activating
that for default compilation can be a bit confusing. Review the .spec
files I've been backporting for CentOS use from Fedora.