gitlab: mit-kdc on fedora 32 with krb5 v1.18

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 6 07:34:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-04-06 at 08:43 +0200, Andreas Schneider via samba-
technical wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 April 2020 17:12:38 CEST Isaac Boukris wrote:
> > Hi Andreas, all
>
> Hi Isaac,
>
> > Any idea how to make the mit-kdc build run on fedora 32 with krb5
> > v1.18 in gitlab? It looks like it currently isn't.
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/-/commits/iboukris-test
>
> I guess the way would be to add a new target in scripts/autobuild.py
>
> then duplicate the mitkrb5 entry in .gitlab-ci.yml and use the
> fedora32 image.
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/1216/diffs?
> commit_id=43c943a01a84d810f4784b5f2d1c5fdf52fa382b

Can we please just have one OS for the mit-kdc builds please?

If Fedora 32 is the best target for this development work, then please
move all the MIT jobs over to that OS.  That will also avoid trying to
develop for multiple MIT kerberos versions.

In the medium term we need to be importing the known-to-work-with MIT
version into one of the docker images, so we have a way to patch it
rather than waiting for changes to come via the distributions.

If that means not running it on sn-devel then that should be OK, in my
view, we have already stopped strictly matching these environments.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba