Migrating Samba NT4 Domain to Samba AD

Bartłomiej Solarz-Niesłuchowski Bartlomiej.Solarz-Niesluchowski at wit.edu.pl
Thu Sep 12 19:37:58 UTC 2019

Dear List,

I need to migrate my Samba NT4 domain (5000+ users, 600+ workstation,
50+ printers) urgently.

Backend for samba is on an replicated openldap environment is mixed
(both linux and windows) i use password aging on windows AND linux and
use ldap with samba.schema and posix.schema.

Please help me to find manuals for those migration.

I found:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migrating_a_Samba_NT4_Domain_to_Samba_AD_(Classic_Upgrade)

and

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend

Problems which i have not found good links:

how to replicate ldap (one ldap server for network in my size is not
enought)?

how to use both samba.schema (windows user data) and posix.schema (unix
user data) + password aging in both environments?

how configure and use bind9 as dns backend for samba AD?

how backup (daily) contents of the samba data (e.g. slapcat)?

Migration will be try to done at this sunday so i am in hurry......

Please help me with those migration if you have links for good howtos.

Best Regards

--
Bartłomiej Solarz-Niesłuchowski, Administrator WSISiZ
e-mail:Bartlomiej.Solarz-Niesluchowski at wit.edu.pl
tel. 223486547, fax 223486501
JID:solarz at jabber.wit.edu.pl
01-447 Warszawa, ul. Newelska 6, pokój 421, pon.-pt. 8-16
Motto - Jak sobie pościelisz tak sie wyśpisz