Converting SMB1 tests to SMB2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 22 08:04:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-10-22 at 09:57 +0200, Ralph Boehme via samba-technical
wrote:
> On 10/22/19 8:57 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > On Friday, 18 October 2019 14:00:53 CEST Ralph Boehme via samba-technical
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Noel,
> >
> > Hey Ralph and Noel,
> >
> > > I don't think the additional work of letting the tests use a different
> > > testenv really helps. We'll just have to go through the knownfail list
> > > and look at each failing test to see what's needed to fix it.
> >
> > Well SMB2 tests should not be run in the nt4_dc environment. That will go away
> > at some point. It should either use fileserver or ad_dc (if krb5 is needed).
>
> yup. I guess the tests I was talking about (smbtorture base, raw, ...)
> can mostly just use fileserver env.

I (at least I presume it was me) added much of the duplication during
the great merge.  Many of these tests are also run from both
source3/selftest/tests.py and similarly under source4.

Care is needed when removing duplication (to ensure there isn't some
aspect of what is tested that differs) but it is very worthwhile work.