samba 4.11 rpmbuild on CentOS7

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Mon Oct 7 13:22:04 UTC 2019

On ma, 07 loka 2019, Denis Cardon via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Le 10/07/2019 à 12:56 PM, Andreas Schneider a écrit :
> > On Monday, 7 October 2019 11:32:15 CEST Denis Cardon via samba-technical
> > wrote:
> > > It is built against Heimdal kerberos. The samba.spec is taken from
> > > Fedora (thanks Günter and Andreas for doing all the hard work!) and
> > > modified to switch from MIT to Heimdal. Actually the hard part for
> > > building 4.11 on CentOS7 is the requirement gnutls>=3.4.7.
> >
> > Hi Denis!
> >

> > Samba 3.4.7 is only required for MIT Kerberos. If you build with Heimdal
> > GnuTLS >= 3.2 is just fine. Just change the required version in the spec file.
> >

> > With Samba 4.12, GnuTLS >= 3.4.7 will be required!
> >
> > https://blog.cryptomilk.org/2019/10/02/samba-and-gnutls/
>
> Dear me! I misread the requirements and thought it was necessary from 4.11
> onward, whatever Kerberos implementation was being used...
>
> I should have taken more time reading thoroughly your blog post! The good
> side is that I learned a few more things on rpm packaging...
>
> I does make building 4.11 definitely much easier on CentOS7... And by next
> year CentOS8, which ships gnutls 3.6.5, will get traction when the new and
> shiny samba 4.12 will be released!
We worked with Andreas this morning to add CentOS 8 support to Samba CI
systems. We also cleared up a list of required dependencies there. You
can actually look at the dependencies in
bootstrap/*-dists/*/packages.yml for a base list of required packages
for each distribution. Then Dockerfile in that directory also contains
are more specific set of steps to prepare a build.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy