samba 4.11 rpmbuild on CentOS7

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 04:44:34 UTC 2019

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 6:16 PM Denis Cardon via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have given a look tonight at building rpm of Samba 4.11 for
> CentOS7[1]. The need for gnutls >= 3.4.7 makes it quite challenging!
>
> Taking on the work of Sergiomb[2] and Nico Kadel Garcias[3], I compiled
> nettle and gnutls and then went on building the other stuff (which was
> more business as usual).

I've been doing some work on this as well, particularly for RHEL 8 and
CentOS 8. My workflow is mostly "grab the src.rpm for rawhide, apply
changes I know are needed from experience, and build"

Unfortunately, the configure tools are now written in waf, not in
autoconf, and they're getting a bit arcane for me. I particular, I'm
not sure how to get the configure tools to gracefully detect the
"compat-gnutls34" components anymore.