pam headers not found by waf on illumos/openindiana

Rouven WEILER Rouven_Weiler at gmx.net
Sun Oct 6 07:45:31 UTC 2019

I am trying to compile samba 4.11 on openindiana/illumos.

I compiled it with „—enable-selftes“ which throws the error, that I should use —with-pam=no.
The reason is that the „security/pam_modules.h“ header is not found, BUT it is available as "/usr/include/security/pam_modules.h“.

Compiling „—with-pam=no“ works of course.

Compiling without „--enable-selftest“ also works, BUT automatically pam is left out since the "security/pam_modules.h“ is also not found although there (see above).

How can I tell waf to find the headers correctly?

Thanks in advance.