Errors while running configure

Bill Brier steggy at bcstechnology.net
Fri Nov 29 09:36:48 UTC 2019

Hello:

I am attempting to do a test build of Samba 4.8.5 running on SLES 12
with Linux kernel 4.4.73. configure is reporting:

Could not find the python development headers

More specifically, a test compile within configure is trying to include
Python.h, which file is not present on the system.  I went into the Yast
software manager and loaded everything Python, without success.  I spent
some time searching samba.org for references to this error, but didn't
find anything helpful.  Please advise what configure is looking for.

Thank you!