Converting SMB1 tests to SMB2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Nov 26 17:28:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 16:09 +0000, Noel Power via samba-technical
wrote:
> yes that is true, however I am not sure even if these days make test
> normally will work (or if anyone actually even use it instead of
> autobuild)

Douglas recently ran one in aid of some of the much-alluded to fuzzing
work we have been doing, and it still works.

A couple of failures but nothing catastrophic.  We need to keep 'make
test' working.

I need to look over this more carefully, I've been swamped in my own
world, but I will say this.  We can't just keep creating infinite new
environments.  Instead, we should focus on sorting tests from their
current place of running into the 'right' place.

Tests that are carefully examined to just need a simple fileserver, and
which are not impacted by the use of full ACLs should run in
fileserver, not nt4_dc AND ad_dc for example.

Getting to that basis will then make it much easier to have an SMB1 and
SMB2 simple fileserver.

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org
Samba Developer, Catalyst IT