feedback on ldap improvement in samba 4.11

Gary Lockyer gary at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Nov 19 20:41:42 UTC 2019

Sorry did not word that the way I intended.  I'm reluctant to
automatically re-spawn a new process when it's predecessor was
terminated with a SIGKILL.  It just seems a bit like introducing samba
process "whack a mole" into some poor sysadmins day.

Perhaps with an option to enable restart on SIGKILL and clearly document
the behaviour. Expanding the log messages to clearly explain what's
going on, would also be useful.

So a qualified Yes

Ngā mihi
Gary