Converting SMB1 tests to SMB2

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Mon Nov 4 09:23:03 UTC 2019

On 11/1/19 7:31 PM, Noel Power wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just thought I summarize what we (myself & Ralph) discussed, for my own
> benefit and the benefit of others.
> ...snip...

thanks for the summary!

> problem 1)
>
> The mixture of xyz & xyz_smb1 test environments seems to cause strange
> issues (see
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/92945128), many
> tests fail or hang. Running the tests against these environments
> individually works no problems. Mostly I guess this is an issue with the
> fact that the NETBIOS name of these 'duplicated' environments are the
> same and this can cause clients to connect to the wrong server (from the
> wrong environment)

maybe you're just missing to assign IPs to the new testenvs in
selftest/target/Samba.pm?

> problem 2)
>
> Yes, not being a test environment guru and being maybe a little lazy and
> I wanted to avoid trying change the test environment foo to change or
> pass down NETBIOSNAME  (seemed a little risky too, maybe there is other
> things like this).  So I decided to create 2 new autobuild jobs to run
> the smb1 tests. Unfortunately these fail in CI (see
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/93029325) What is
> really weird here is
>
>     a) running these autobuild jobs locally on my own machine causes no
> problems, both jobs pass
>
>     b) running these jobs in the *same* docker container as CI uses
> (using the same autobuild command) again works no problems
>
>     c) running the problematic jobs on sn-devel-184 using
> autobuild-private-security.sh again works :-(
>
> I am trying (sofar unsuccessfully) to figure out why these are failing

This looks unrelated, but maybe this will work too if you fix the above?

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/