New csbuild run

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed May 22 07:05:32 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:31:04 AM CEST Martin Schwenke wrote:
> Hi Noel,
>
> On Tue, 21 May 2019 10:47:18 +0100, Noel Power <nopower at suse.com> wrote:
> > On 21/05/2019 02:36, Martin Schwenke via samba-technical wrote:
> > > Hi Andreas, On Fri, 17 May 2019 16:34:42 +0200, Andreas Schneider via

> > > How can I run this locally on my laptop? peace & happiness, martin
> >
> > The way I used it last was to run it in docker,  that way at least as
> > well you are sure you are on the same page as Andreas with respect to
> > any error messages etc. (and you know you don't need to set up anything
> > extra :-)) you can find the details of the docker image you need in the
> > job output above (there probably is a way to see what images are
> > available from the gitlab/samba project registry but I don't know how)
> >
> > docker pull
> > registry.gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/samba-ci-fedora29:b4dc3f0b446db
> > dc20779ae2090de0f5c0da9caef
> >
> > docker images # which should show something like
> >
> > REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
> > registry.gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/samba-ci-fedora29
> > b4dc3f0b446dbdc20779ae2090de0f5c0da9caef 85af60d25c85 4 days ago 1.32GB
> >

> > you can then use the image id with to attach to it
> >
> > docker run -it 85af60d25c85
> >
> > inside the container you can clone samba git repo and csbuild is
> > available for you
>
> Nice idea!  Thanks...

All of that as one command:

docker run -ti registry.gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/samba-ci-
fedora29:b4dc3f0b446dbdc20779ae2090de0f5c0da9caef /bin/bash

You can also replace docker with podman :-)

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D