Address Sanitizer progress to date

Gary Lockyer gary at catalyst.net.nz
Mon May 13 20:56:31 UTC 2019

I've been working on getting Address Sanitizer working again, it is now
possible to configure and make samba with --address-sanitizer enabled.

make quicktest passes with address-sanitizer enabled, however it needs
around 21GiB of physical memory. I've been running the tests on a 32GiB
cloud instance.

Have not been able to get "make test" to complete due to:
 * AddressSanitizer errors
 * The performance overhead causing timing issues in tests
 * Out of memory errors from AddressSanitizer

I've raised bugs for the AddressSanitizer errors, which are currently
tagged as "core developer only", I'll triage them today but I don't
think there are any security issues in those I've discovered.

Ngā mihi
Gary