getting centos7 into bootstrap and gitlab CI

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed May 1 00:23:36 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:25 AM Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:12:57 PM CEST Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba-
> technical wrote:

> > I'm not sure how to merge the work into the existing bootstrap
> > procedure, since they'd also expect these other modules to be built
> > and available in the bootstrap and yum deployment. Do these bootstrap
> > environment ssupport the use of "mock" ? I've also just noted that
> > mock, on RHEL 7, does not support "file://$PWD" syntax for finding the
> > local repository that my setup drops generated RPM's in. Works great
> > on Fedora, not on RHEL 7 or CentOS 7. That means the build environment
> > needs a web-based access to the built repository, which I'm doing with
> > "nginx", on RHEL 7. That.... makes it more awkward for an individual
> > software builder to be access their local working repositories. It can
> > be done stably, but it needs to be really locked down for a safe build
> > environment.
>
> The issue is that we need at least python34-crypto, python34-dns and those are
> not available in EPEL7!
>
> I'm sure your packages still use python2 :-)

Please, please, please put monry on this!!! All the libraries I've
packaged as updated versions for RHEL 7, and include python2 and
python3 modules, using python36 from EPEL. Sama 4.10.2 itself is
configured to use use only python3, or specifcally
"python%{python3_pkgversion}" which is python36 on RHEL 7 with EPEL
enabled.