[PATCHES BUG 13865] memcache tracking of talloc object sizes
jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 29 20:57:45 UTC 2019
On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 01:07:42PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 01:00:33PM -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical wrote:
> > Actually I'm wrong - we can't mix talloc/non-talloc
> > stores here (it crashes, I tested :-). But we still
> > need to take the talloc'ed size into account.
> > > >
> > > > 281 TALLOC_FREE(ptr);
> > > > 282 }
> > > > 283 /*
> > > > 284 * We can reuse the existing record
> > > > 285 */
> > > > 286 memcpy(cache_value.data, value.data, value.length);
> > > > 287 e->valuelength = value.length;
> > > > 288 return;
> > > > 289 }
> > > >
> > > > Probably need to add a test for this too...
> > >
> > > Yes, will do. I will be busy with something else this afternoon, but i
> > > should have an update for this early next week.
> > I'm nearly done with the fix and test. If I can
> > get it working I'll post for your review.
> Here is the updated patchset containing the fix for the
> corner case and additional test for it. I checked that
> with the corner case fix commented out the test fails,
> but passes with it added.
> CI build here:
> Please review and push if happy !
Actually this patchset makes:
make test TESTS=samba3.base.rw1
fail repeatedly. Interesting, I'm trying to track
down why (wouldn't have thought it had an effect,
but it clearly does :-).
More information about the samba-technical