Build libtalloc from samba

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Mon Mar 25 14:27:30 UTC 2019

Hai Priya,

If i may ask, why are you trying to build samba 4.4.5?
That's really out dated and not supported anymore for some time.
See: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Release_Planning

If you dont have experiance with these builds, then i really advice to use
the debian packages.
The changes you need to make are no small ones, in general.

I have multiple versions of talloc for different samba version on my repo
builded for Debian.
See: https://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/pool/main/t/talloc/
Im using these for debian Jessie (8) and Stretch (9)

If you on wheezy, what i suspect, based on you samba version.
Some extra info on buildin on wheezy can be found here, just rememeber this
is old and NOT adviced.
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2016-May/200075.html

Best advice, upgrade to Jessie then Stretch, read my upgrade steps from
4.4.x.
https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt

If you dont like the change in debian from sysv to systemd then, have a look
at https://devuan.org/.
If upgrading of Debian fails, mail the normal samba list and we will get you
throught the upgrade.

Best regards,

Louis