Suggestions for POSIX error code mapping for OBJECTID_NOT_FOUND

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 08:56:14 UTC 2019

ENOENT / ENOTSUPP / EINVAL?

ENOENT feels appropriate since this is not a permanent condition.
Someone could create the object buffer after which it will exist and
there will no longer be an errror when asking for it.

I guess for a long time smbinfo.c will be the only consumer for this
on the non-windows side  so whatever we decide will be what will be
how things are and others will follow.