Add smbstatus test (lock file with smbclient)

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Mar 13 11:08:59 UTC 2019

Hi Jeremy,

I've created a patch for 'smbstatus -L --resolve-uids' to show usernames
instead of UIDs as I have a customer request for it.

However Andrew rejected the patch to go in without a test. I've tried to
implement a test for smbstatus but it doesn't work. My problem is that I'm not
able to create a lock on a file to show up with smbstatus later.

I can:

open <file>

but I can't pass the returned fnum to

lock <fnum> r 0x0 0x1

to create a lock. See attached patch ...

Any suggestions how to move forward?

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D