Dropping Python2 (except buildtime) from master for 4.11

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 11 05:02:15 UTC 2019

Just one more thing, re-reading this:

On Mon, 2019-03-11 at 00:03 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I don't want to suggest that this discard of python 2 never be
> completed. I'm merely saying that there is a price in that even I
> would find it to be extra work to port 4.10 to RHEL 7 if this is
> completed. And you did ask if there is *any* reason.

To be clear as there was some missing context, this is not about 4.10,
this is about 4.11 due in September/October, but locking this change in
to master now so we can start to unwind the python2 stuff over the next
few months.

See https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=WHATSNEW.txt;h=875d168e7493129c0f33d221dfa8a819e1c93552;hb=74aa2abf8614a0a5f6352959d4fc5af61cf1df8e#l125

Thanks!