gpoupdate failing on DC / winbind

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at rvx.is
Tue Mar 5 09:03:13 UTC 2019

Right, but that error is bogus.  I have a pull request that addresses that
and other things (https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/271).
But the real problem lies deeper (and isn't even reported properly, I'll be
making anothr PR for that).  It's that ultimately the code does a getpwuid
for the DC's uid.

The code is messy to someone not familiar with it, it is unclear to me why
a posix call is needed at this point since all the information has already
been gleaned, or could be gleaned, from AD directly.

--
Kv,
Kristján Valur Jónsson, RVX