Document GitLab as the only way to contribute to Samba?

Uri Simchoni uri at samba.org
Fri Jun 28 12:08:26 UTC 2019

On 6/28/19 2:46 PM, Michael Adam via samba-technical wrote:

> Ugh. That's really strange. Is this a gitlab design choice?
> Because if it is, it's finally a thing (and quite a major one),
> where gitlab is way worse than github. ;-)

To be fair, I don't know if GitHub even has CI. What I've seen in  FLOSS
projects is that they have their Jenkins/Travis instance or something of
that sort (and who knows how many runners), and each PR would trigger a
run there, and success/failure would annotate the PR. GitHub just
provides the webhook.

I do agree with the bottom line though...

Uri.