[HEADS-UP] Using stored immutable file birth time for SMB File-ID

David Disseldorp ddiss at samba.org
Wed Jun 26 16:12:33 UTC 2019

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:57:46 +0200, Ralph Boehme via samba-technical wrote:

> Questions? Remarks? Thoughts?

Thanks for the write-up, Ralph. I have a few of questions:
- how will this change be affected by filesystems with low resolution
  birth times?
- given that this issue is Apple client specific, is there a need for
  this new logic to be implemented outside of vfs_fruit?
- what should we do for snapshots, which may have identical btime (and
  inode) values shared with the snapshot source?

Cheers, David