Is there some way to have Samba limit the portion of the Version it compares in a CTDB environment

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 15:52:13 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I recently made a small change to something not related to CTDB.
However, all of our builds stamp the version with the GIT hash among
other things, so when I installed the new version on a node, it would
not start because of this:

---------------------------
[2019/06/26 14:38:02.226586,  0]
../source3/smbd/server.c:1528(smbd_claim_version)
  smbd_claim_version: smbd 4.7.1-GIT-0778e7b-VENDOR_NAME already
running, refusing to start version 4.7.1-GIT-a8d19b0-VENDOR_AME

That required I install the new build on all nodes in the cluster.

Is there some way to limit the comparison to the real portion of the
version string, ie, '4.7.1'?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe