Document GitLab as the only way to contribute to Samba?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 21 08:01:06 UTC 2019

On 21/06/2019 08:44, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 08:13 +0100, Rowland penny via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> Sorry, but I do not think it is 'wrong' to not want to use git-lab.
>> Perhaps we should 'prefer' people to use git-lab, but we definitely
>> shouldn't tell anybody off for sending a patch directly to samba-technical.
>>
> G'Day Rowland,
>
> Can you elaborate a bit more?  Can you explain a bit more why?  Can I
> help you set up your account?
>
> It would be really good to have you on-board.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I wasn't actually thinking of myself.

I know what you think of my programming skills and I also know the
direction I think that samba-tool should go (it should be storing the
next u/gidNumber's in AD) is against the rest of the teams views, so I
have given up sending patches.

I was thinking of other potential users.

Rowland