Using gitlab question

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 20 18:23:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-20 at 10:29 -0700, Jeremy Allison via samba-technical
wrote:
> I have a pending merge request:
>
> https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/558
>
> that has been made unmergable by a commit from another
> Team member that needs to go into autobuild before
> my change (it's a minor change to test code lists
> that needs rebasing).
>
> What is the correct procedure for doing this ?
>
> Do I close the existing merge request and re-issue
> a new CI-run followed by merge request ?
>
> Or is there a way to ammend my existing merge
> request with an updated patchset once I've
> fixed the rebase conflict ?

A good question (because it isn't in the wiki really)!

> Just trying to get more familiar with gitlab
> workflow here.

Just fix up your branch with rebase, conflict resolution and then git
push -f (force push) and it updates the MR.

That is also the procedure for addressing feedback etc, just keep
amending the branch.