recent flapping tests

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Sat Jun 8 10:07:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 08:36:29 +1200, Douglas Bagnall
<douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> > Should be fixed by fixes pushed on 7 May.
>
> I can confirm all your "shoulds". Also I can confirm the wisdom of
> hedging with this "may":
>
> >>    4 *FAILED* tests/simple/69_recovery_resurrect_deleted.sh
> >
> > May be fixed by fixes pushed on 7 May.  :-)
>
> It happened twice since May 8.

Oh, well...  :-(

We tightened up some things that might have been causing some tests to
fail, but it doesn't look to have helped this one.

Some time soon I'll look at a patch so that the daemon logs are dumped
to stderr when these "simple" tests fail.  It'll be a lot of output but
at least it might give us a way to debug them when they happen in an
environment that we don't control.

I might also try running that one in a loop...

peace & happiness,
martin