Test failure in 4.10.4+Debian sid?

Ondřej Kuzník ondra at mistotebe.net
Thu Jun 6 11:39:08 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm trying to get a dev enviroment set up to get into Samba, so I
followed the wiki (I think) to build it and make sure I can run the
selftest. The selftest is when things don't go all that smoothly, I get
samba3.base.delete.deltest20(nt4_dc) and samba3.base.delete(ad_dc), see
output of the make quicktest output[1].

The following are the steps I used to get there:
```
debootstrap sid target
chroot target
mount -t proc proc /proc
# (equivalent of git clone samba, cd samba)
apt install (packages from bootstrap/generated-dists/debian9/bootstrap.sh) python3-testscenarios
git checkout samba-4.10.4
./configure --enable-developer
make -j8
make quicktest
```

I've also done this on master with the same result.

Are the two tests known to fail (on Debian)? Am I doing something wrong
above? Is there more information I should provide that might be helpful?

[1]. https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/sGH4DGkDqz/

Thanks,

--
Ondřej Kuzník